Sunday, November 13, 2016

CHOY's Cut Remix

The Cut
I have lots of blogs. I'm crazy about blogging. When I was in grade school, I wondered how my cartoon strips would get published. When I was in college, I wondered how my articles would get published.

And then there were blogs. And I saw that they were good.

Now I can publish anything I want and get read by people, even worldwide. I thank God.

Then I tried to select which blogs I was going to focus on because my blogs reached to about 20 in all. And I have clients to write for, besides, to sustain their blogs with. So, one day I sat down and meditated. I meditate a lot.

I realized I have to have one blog connecting all my other blogs and which could also stand alone by itself. It should accurately represent my thoughts, aspirations and even idiosyncrasies, It should reflect my life.

It should be me.

I had thought of my blog, Choy's Cut, but it's more on health---where I share choice cuts of what I've learned about health in my wellness career and as a certified wellness consultant. It also includes some life reflections.

But I'm not all about health. True, I love to stay healthy and fit (in fact, I'm a 5th dan blackbelt in Filipino martial arts and have been teaching it for years). But more than that, I'm always reflecting on life and everything I see about it---health, faith, God, money, human relations, and current events, to name a few. I'm an introvert critic; I always take close note of things I see, analyze them and comment to myself.

I criticize mentally, not because I fear discussions and arguments but because I HATE them. And I hate talking to people who can't tolerate what others think, especially if it runs against their opinions or dearly held beliefs. These people often look down on you. Thank God for making me a meek, patient guy because I can easily knock them down with a punch.

I got my silent critic tendencies from my dad who was a veteran journalist highly respected in journalism in the country in his days. He was not a blogger (no blogs yet in his days) but he always kept a diary.

Thus, I find blogs very apt instruments to vent out my ideas and opinions. Just to share them. And I'd also be willing to discuss about them with folks who simply just want to know more about what I share, not to prove themselves better than anybody else. Better than I am. I know I'm just average (sometimes even below average) and I don't need to prove anything to anyone. Believe me, there are a lot of self-centered people ego-tripping out there.

So, for a long time, I thought about creating this new blog that would manifest the real me. I thought out several blog titles---Chyong Pilosopo (because I often reason out in absurd ways), CHYOsopy (I wanted it to be a collection of my "deep" ideas and beliefs), CHYOzen (or "Chosen," a collection of my Zen-like reflections on life) and CHYco Nut (because I love choconut). By the way, I love Zen house designs.

Finally, I decided on CHOY's Cut Remix---because it's a different version of Choy's Cut produced by remixing---the real Choy with the entire gamut of thoughts and ideas, idiosyncrasies, foolishness and some serious important tips. A simple guy with lots of crazy "what-ifs" inside. And I don't mean "crazy" like jumping from a cliff or 10-story building or swallowing a sword. I mean, I have lots of crazy funny thoughts about things and people.

I often find something funny in everything.

Why the pineapple on the blog header? I love eating pineapples, and pineapple was the first thing I heard of having a "choice cut" in a TV commercial when I was a kid.

Why the image of a running man? Because I feel like running or jogging each time I want to free my mind of clutter. Jogging makes me freer each time.

And why "Slices of Life and Choice Stories of an 'Easy Jogger'"? Well, just click here.

Choy's Cut Remix is like a magazine---like the favorite Tagalog comics I enjoyed in my childhood where I found stories, news, commentaries, horoscope, jokes, practical and life tips, ads and commercials and almost everything under the sun in one publication.

I hope you like my stories and drop by here often.

Contact me here: trenzcorp@gmail.com. Make sure you put a title.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your message. I'll get back to you as soon as I go online.