Saturday, November 19, 2016

Hearty Breakfast, Anyone?

I was thinking of a topic to write about when suddenly I realized---this blog can't be without a category on food! Because I'm crazy about food! I love to eat and cook---or cook and eat.

I started cooking real meals when I was in high school. I watched my grandma, mom and dad do it, often serving as their assistant by peeling or slicing veggies and washing pots and pans. I also did the wet marketing. Later, they let me cook.

Oh yes, I also was cook during campings when I was a boy scout in grade school. Back then it was simpler---I just opened a canned good and poured everything in a hot pan. Presto!

In college and after, I became an expert cook. I started cooking almon bigas, menudo, dinuguan, dining-ding, pinakbet, michado, sinigang, sarsyado and apritada, to name a few.
I can cook spaghetti and puto.

My wife knows how to cook but she learned more recipes from me, like the tender juicy way of cooking liver steak. I learned the secret from my grandma and mom.

But my wife has her own superb way of cooking food. In fact, almost anything she cooks tastes superb.

Just look at the breakfast we had this morning (see pic on the left). Native hamonado longganisa (native smoked sausage), scrambled eggs and vinegar with crunched native chili dip.

That's a really hearty breakfast.

You all know the importance of eating a full breakfast. I won't discuss that here. But what I'd like to share as a tip is making sure you have enough carbs, protein, calcium and Vitamin C in your breakfast.

By the way, I had a tall glass of pure fresh kalamansi before breakfast. Vitamin C. And a bout an hour after I had yogurt. That's calcium.

But I always go easy on carbs. I make sure that I eat limited rice and don't have extra carbs in another form if I already have my rice. Some eat rice and later eat rice cakes, pizza and bread. That's a sure way to weight gain.

So, watch out for more on food here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your message. I'll get back to you as soon as I go online.